Land is Life and Snowchange open another season of Arctic Small Grants for 2020. 2019 season produced high quality actions in the North American North. This time all of the Arctic and boreal are open for calls for small grants in the communities.
Land is Life and Snowchange are excited to open a new season of Arctic Small Grants for 2020. Each grant is maximum 5000 USD. On the whole, Indigenous-Led Grantmaking aims to support initiatives that enhance Collective Rights of Indigenous Peoples. More specifically, these are initiatives related to, but not necessarily limited to
- Human Rights
- Land, Resources and Biodiversity
- Climate Change
- Food Sovereignty
- Women, Youth, Elders
- Traditional Knowledge, Systems, Practices (including language, arts & sports)
- Economic Empowerment and Strengthening Livelihoods
- Strengthening Capacity
Who is eligible?
- Grassroots Indigenous Organizations: grassroots Indigenous organizations who are continuously working for the collective rights of the Indigenous Peoples, and for the advancement of their self-determination. Priority is given to organizations who have lesser or no access to funding mechanisms.
- Indigenous Communities: Certain communities may also receive support upon the endorsement/recommendation of the Regional Coordinator or ally organizations.
Indigenous Leaders/Individuals: In particular cases, individuals may also be granted support upon the recommendation of the Regional Coordinator. For example, circumstances where an individual is under political persecution for being a human rights defender; part of the community’s traditional authority; considered as a community change agent.
Please contact Snowchange HQ at contact (at snowchange.org) for applications and info.